Whether you’re hightailing away from the frigid winters, got relocated by a job, or simply just need a change of scenery, we’re your premier dependable moving company in Portage, MI who can help you every step of the way.
As one of the most populated cities in Kalamazoo County, navigating through the city of Portage and around traffic can be challenging, especially when you’re hauling your entire life. This is particularly true when it comes to those all too familiar pesky intersections of Sprinkle Rd. and Meredith St., and Westnedge Ave. and Milham Ave.
Our dedicated team at Big Lake Movers do this day in and day out. We’ve helped numerous Michigan residents move into Portage, move out of Portage, and move within Portage. We know the roads, neighborhoods, and traffic behavior, which are all important factors for assembling a quick and smooth move.
Moving Services We Offer in Portage, MI
We proudly offer the following moving services in Portage, MI:
- Residential moves: Large home…small home…staircase galore…we’re well equipped and skilled to handle even the toughest moving jobs.
- Commercial moves: Business to business, we’ll be more than happy to help you relocate your office, including packing and unpacking, so you can remain focused on work.
- Apartment moves: A little more challenging and tedious, especially if you’re going up and down elevators but all the more to hire help. With our specialized equipment and professional strategies, we got this!
- Moving Labor: We can adequately supply you with the right amount of moving staff to efficiently pack and move your belongings safely to their destination.
Additionally, we can help you with your moving process from start to finish. This can include things like packing, unpacking, deconstruction and reconstruction of furniture, loading, unloading, and more!
Our Portage moving team is made up of a strong and reliable crew that’s flexible, friendly, and efficient. We can customize your moving plan to fit your needs and budget.
Best Times to Move in Portage, MI
Believe it or not, there are good times to move and bad times to move in Portage, MI. It really depends on your end goal. Are you looking to save money? Do you need to move right now? Do you want your move to be comfortable?
You can discuss your wants and needs with our moving team at Big Lake Movers to decide the perfect move-out date. For now though, consider these Portage moving facts:
- May has the most rain.
- January thru February has the most snow.
- During the winter months, roads may be icy.
- Summer is often the busiest time to move.
- Moving company rates may be lower in winter due to low demand.
- You may want to avoid moving in the beginning of September when the kids are moving into college, such as Western Michigan University.
- Weekdays, especially mid-week, may be less chaotic and save you money.
It’s best to come up with a timeframe on when you want to move and a preferable day and time. Then, call a highly rated and recommended moving company who services Portage, MI – like Big Lake Movers – to check their availability. During this time, you may want to also schedule a free moving estimate. It’s FREE, why not?!
When It’s Time to Move in Portage, MI, Call Big Lake Movers
We’ve been taking care of all the moving essentials for residents of Portage, MI for 10 years. We hate to see you go but we love helping out. We know moving is stressful. In fact, it’s one of the most stressful events you will go through in life. A move can be chaotic, it can mess up your routine, it can be costly, and it can be unpredictable. That’s why we want to make it as smooth as possible.
Why hire Big Lake Movers for your next move in Portage?
- licensed and insured
- reasonable with our moving fees
- rated highly, earning nearly a perfect score on Google
- highly trained
Furthermore, we offer a no risk, no obligation, FREE estimate!
If you still have doubts on whether to go at it alone or hire a dependable moving company in Portage, here’s some food for thought:
According to a poll conducted by OnePoll published on the New York Post,
- 45% of people said moving was the most stressful thing they went through
- Out of those who hired movers, 94% of them said hiring a moving company was worth it
We’re not surprised! Moving takes time, preparation, physicality, and even a good mentality. Having professional movers do the dirty work for you carefully and efficiently can make all the difference in your process of relocating. Contact Big Lake Movers today!